Memento (2000)

 

Written and Directed by : Christoper Nolan
Starring : Guy Pearce, Carie-Ann Moss, Joe Pantoliano.
Score : 5 of 5
Year: 2000
Newmarket Films

 

Synopsis:


The memory capability Leonard Shelby (Guy Pearce) is damaged due to injury. Memory is no longer able to use his brain to remember, so he was forced to assemble events - events he had ever experienced with using a polaroid camera, tattoos on his body and a small notebook he always wrote about all the things he wants to remember. The last thing he remembered was when he caught someone mysterious man raped and killed his wife, before another man banging his head against the mirror. Armed with photographs, tattoos and scribbles, Lenny tries to assemble the puzzle of the fact that he can not remember to find the mysterious man who he thought killed his wife.

 

My Review:


This movie is so recommended for all of you !! Not one that Nolan earned his first Oscar nomination for Best Screenplay (along with his brother, Jonathan Nolan) in this film, and won Best Director at the Independent Spirit Award. For me, the film is a genius! If film critics say, "Two Thumbs up!", I say "Four Thumbs Up!". Because my joy was so willing shows my two big toe to complete two of my thumb.

Well, maybe I late anyway, because I was new to the genius of Nolan on The Dark Night era that makes me hold my breath throughout the film (in addition to the perfect acting of the late Heath Ledger). Then, came the Inception - movie which I refer to as one of the best films in 2010. Nolan properly questioned between reality and dream in the film so cool that although it is arguably somewhat confuse (because it's time to watch my brain must be using that for thinkers too). Besides the three films that made a name Nolan skyrocketed, he also directed Insomnia (2002), Batman Begins (2005), and The Prestige (2006).

Through Memento, Nolan actually distort the questions that often arise when we watch a movie. Usually, when we watch a movie, we are often asked, "Wuahhh ... what will happen next?". But, in this film is precisely the question that arises is, "What happened before?". A glimpse of this film is somewhat confusing, because Nolan divide the movie in a scene - the independent scene is lost - dropping whenever the Leonard faded memory of the events which he had just experienced. In addition, Nolan arrange in flashback scenes alias backward flow. So, do not expect at all that you can ignored watch it, because a scene you miss guaranteed you will be confused.

I would argue, the film could amaze me is the movie that made me ask - ask throughout this film. Questions - simple questions sorts: "What happened?", "Who was the culprit?", "How can the main character like this?". And when the answer to the question came at the end of the film - although sometimes the answer is floating, vague, or do not correspond at what I want - I will end the film with a feeling of satisfaction. Then gag wrong if I say that the movie Memento is one that is able to amaze me, because throughout the film I had a million questions in my brain and gag wait to download fast forward the movie until the end. Hehe ... But fortunately I did not do, because the whole scene was built with slick to explain everything - strange things that were all related.

Finally, I enjoined you to watch this movie. Especially for you who admit - admit fans of Christopher Nolan after watching Inception and The Dark Knight.

Are required to:


All movie lovers.

0 comments: